ST701 Logo irene's journal: My thoughts on life

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

My thoughts on life

As my blogs covers most of my outings, what has been happening in my life.

I think it is time to do a general blog.

After turning 22 recently, I reflects on how much things and people around me have changed.

On Friends

Think I am very blessed to be able to have so many good friends around me, and who have stood with me in my difficult times. Everyone has left a foot print in my life, be it big or small. Some have left my life as we are in different schools, or busy with our schedules. Some have continued to leave a foot print in my life such as Jia ying, Think she is my longest friend since Pri 5. (That makes our friendship equal to half of my life now.) But to some friends, I have to apologise to not spending enough time with you, my sec sch gang (YY,nj and the rest) and to my JC gang ( Rumin,yiling, bowen and zong liang).

On family
As I embarks on the next phrase of life - Working life on 13August(Mon), I starts to reflect and realise how little time I have spent with my family. Also by being the youngest and the only girl in the family, I provide an emotional support among gp member. Haha mayb that's why frens ask me to be their listening ear. Haha practice tt in my family le...

But I must say problems are not hard as long as their is a viable solution. We should never lose hope after facing with obstacle, I believe time and efforts would help us overcome the problems and that after that, we will emerge a stronger person, both physically and mentally.

Lastly hope that my auditor job will not affect family life and that I would keep one of the wkend for my family.

On Studies
I must admit that back in school, I was not the brightest student but definitely one of the hardworking ones. I remember how I always lament about not being able to do well despite studying my best. My mum told me to do my best and that was enough. True enough by doing my best, I was able to improve and go on to my desired school and courses in Temasek JC and NTU Accountancy. I remember how my eldest bro used to tell me it is impossible to get into the schools and courses given your grades. But I always tell him nothing is impossible with determination. And lucky or hardworking enough, I was able to achieve my goals. Though it was done in the hard ways, many of my frens were able to achieve better grades than me throughout school, it was during O' and A' level that I shine within my abilities.

One of my fondest memories was being able to jump from a E, AO pass student to A grade in Economics A Level. But all these did not come easy, Words I would remember from Miss Leong: " I don't understand why you cant even pass the MCQ? " ( I remb scoring 13/30 marks when everyone else scored at least 18,20 marks. ) I was initially upset by her words but later I reflected it was my weak foundation that caused me not to do well and that I should put in extra efforts if I still wanted to achieve my goals. From then on, I did 2 TYS as my MCQ really sux. I also attended remedial lesson conducted by Miss leong, My econ tutor. I am glad that pays off and I even took a Econ minor in uni. From my A's level experience, I realise the importance of being motivated and never ever lose hope.

On temp works/ tuitions
Experiences in school definitely helped me in tuitions as I understood that the students were weak and I shouldn't rub salt into wounds. There is no point scolding them for being stupid or lazy. Instead I took on a friend approach telling them never to lose hope and work harder in studies. But sometimes I would really blow up when I saw my bright students not doing well in exams cos they were lazy. I believe that if you are smart and you dun work hard, you waste god's gift, sometimes many would want wisdom but not all would achieve.

Although taking up temp jobs during holidays and tuitions during school term to supplement my pocket money were tough, but I was glad that I could interact with people from all walks of life and learnt that I am definitely more fortunate than many of them. Some had quit school as their family could not afford the school fees and I am actually proud of them as they did not blame other people. Instead they work hard to provide for their families. Some have left school as they did not do well. But after being in workforce for a few years, they decided that education was still important and they went back to school. It was this holiday experiences that made me want to be stronger and to aquire more knowledge. These life experiences are not what I could get from school.

Haha hope this did not bore you, just my thoughts on life....

1 Comments:

Blogger melissa ΒΆ=o) said...

i like this post so much i'm gonna write one similar to urs! hee...^^ it's time for me to reflect too...

6:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

----------------------------------------------- Blogger Template Style Name: Harbor Designer: Douglas Bowman URL: www.stopdesign.com Date: 24 Feb 2004 ----------------------------------------------- */